Online Registration for the popular Annandale Boys and Girls Club Football program is now open. You can sign-up online or in person at the ABGC office at 4216 Annandale Road.
Practice begins August 7th 6:00-8:00 pm on fields at Braddock Road Elementary and Ossian Hall Park.
Get a head-start by attending our free football camp July 31-August 4th.
Please share this flyer with your friends and neighbors and we look forward to seeing you on the football field this fall! Contact ABGC Football Commissioner Robert Meadows (contact info on the flyer below) if you have any questions.
Welcome to the 2017 Annandale Youth Lacrosse Season
Registration is open for all players in the Annandale, Falls Church, J.E.B Stuart, Lake Braddock and Woodson High School pyramid.
Sign up now because assessments are just weeks away.
BOYS LACROSSE: January 28th, February 4th and February 11th at South Run Field House
We will be starting up assessments on January 28th, February 4th and February 11th at South Run Indoor Facility so go to our website and REGISTER NOW!
If you have not registered and paid, your son will not be allowed to participate.
For those of you who are new to the program, the assessments allow the coaches to place your son on the appropriate team for their knowledge, skills and abilities. We will have coaches filling out forms on fundamental skills and then we take those evaluations and determine teams at the end of the three assessment periods. For your son to get an accurate evaluation it is IMPERATIVE that they attend ALL THREE Assessments! Remember, every boy will make a team, there are no “cuts” so tell them to relax and have fun.
GIRLS LACROSSE: January 21st Practices begin, with assessments starting on Week 3. Kids Choice – Annandale
Saturday Mornings 1/21 – 3/21:
7/8th grade 8 – 9:20am
5/6th grade 9:30 – 10:50am
3/4th grade 11 – 12:20am
K-2 11am – 12pm
This is a indoor facility so sneakers are fine. We will have some loaner sticks and goggles but YOU MUST have a mouth guard. Assessments (starting week 3) group players of similar similar skill level and competition. Those who are new to the sport require different attention then those who have been playing longer. Even if your not trying for the advance team, please try to attend as many practices you can. The more touches a new player gets the faster they will grow.
For K2 there are no assessments but we will start the learning process.
About the upcoming 2016 Spring season…
We’re looking to another terrific season of lacrosse at Annandale!
Try Out for an ABGC County Basketball Team!
2016-2017 FCYBL TRYOUTS
5th Grade Girls
October 4th & 6th
6-7:30pm Mason Crest ES
6th Grade Girls
October 3rd & 5th
6-7:30pm Glasgow MS
8th Grade Girls
October 3rd & 5th
6-7:30pm Glasgow MS
5th Grade Boys
October 4th 6-7:30pm Annandale Terrace ES
October 5th 6-7:30pm Bren Mar ES
October 6th 6-7:30pm Annandale Terrace ES
6th Grade Boys
October 3rd & 5th
7:30-9pm Poe MS
7th Grade Boys
October 3rd & 5th
6-7:30pm Poe MS
8th Grade Boys
October 3rd & 5th
7:30-9pm Glasgow MS
It’s Olympic season and chances are there are a number of sports you may not be all that familiar with, such as Field Hockey. Both men and women compete in this stick sport which requires agility, quickness and strength. ABGC is excited to offer Field Hockey this fall for boys and girls Kindergarten through 3rd grade. The Sunday sessions will teach players the basics of this fun sport. We hope you’ll join us!
Register in person at the ABGC offices or ONLINE here.
Not only is lacrosse one of the oldest team sports in North America, having originated among Native American tribes as early as the 1100’s, it’s now the fastest growing youth and collegiate sport in the United States. Annandale Youth Lacrosse has introduced thousands of local boys and girls to lacrosse over the years and is now gearing up for the 2016 spring season. Annandale Boys Commissioner, Keith Dalton, says:
“Lacrosse is the perfect sport for young athletes because it offers the best of many other sports wrapped in one: you see the team building of football, the field play of soccer and strategy of basketball, plus it’s so fast the kids and their parents just love it. And ultimately that’s our goal, for our players to have fun!”
Youth lacrosse is a spring sport in Northern Virginia with teams beginning to form soon. Annandale Youth Lacrosse assessments begin January 30th — these are NOT tryouts — every AYL player makes a team. Assessments allow organizers to place players with comparable skills together so they can learn lacrosse as a team.
Practices are held twice a week with boys’ games on Saturdays and girls’ games on Sundays. The Annandale program serves girls in grades K-8 and boys from ages U-9 (up to 9 yrs old) to U-15. You can register now on the Annandale Youth Lacrosse website at annandalelacrosse.org.
Do you have questions about playing lacrosse? Email us at: email@example.com.
Registration is underway for the ABGC Rec basketball season. Practices begin in December with games starting in January
– The $94 basketball registration fee includes clinics for 5-12 year olds.
– A discounted ONLINE registration fee of $45 ($50 signup at the office) is available for First Time players with the ABGC.
– Teams are formed with a neighborhood concept by grade level.
– The basketball season is from December 2015 thru March 2016.
– Teams are formed in December, then players are notified of practice times by the coaches.
– The schedules will also be created and distributed once the teams are formed.
– Player registration is NOT complete until full payment is received online or at the office.
– Players will NOT be assigned to a team until payment is received.
The ABGC has a scholarship program for players who are:
– Fairfax County Residents and Qualify for “Free or Reduced Lunch”
– Parents will need to bring the paperwork into the main office at 4216 Annandale Rd., Annandale, VA to register. – The office personnel will register the players and the cost is a non-refundable payment of $35/player.
– Online registration is not available for scholarships.
You can get an idea of the skills taught at the development level (1st-3rd grade) here and the 4th grade thru high school level here.
MM-Grade 4 Soccer – Fall Season Team Selection and Start Dates
Team Selection: the commissioners are currently putting players onto teams using the information provided during registration. The coaches will meet to finalize the teams by September 3.
Coach Notification: coaches will start notifying players after September 3 and should contact the players by Sept. 8th. If parents have not heard by then, they can call the ABGC office at 703-941-2242 for assistance.
Game Start Date: September 13, 2014
U11-19 Soccer – Fall Season Team Selection and Start Dates
Team Selection: the commissioners are currently putting players onto teams using the information provided during registration.
Coach Notification: coaches should notify the players within a week of registration. If parents have not heard by then, they can email Helen Crum at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Game Start Date: September 6, 2014 – players must be registered before this date.
Reminder: Info for New Registrants
Since September 16, 2013, when members type in to http://www.abgc.org, they are now sent to a new website with a new look, but the same capabilities. Everything that was on the old site is on the new site. You may find the navigation is easier and quicker – two clicks will get you to most of what you need on the site.
There are three items you need to take note of:
- The first difference is a one-time setup that each parent will need to do. This will take about 10 minutes, insuring that the next time you register the process will go quicker. (It was not possible to migrate all of the signon id’s and passwords from the previous website service to the new one.)
- The second difference is in the pricing side of registration. Everyone will sign up as a player in the sport at the end of the registration process. Prior to that there will be a series of “yes” or “no” questions that will either create a discount or a fee. All you have to do is answer the question. For example, one of the questions is “Are you a first time player in this sport?” If your child is, they you answer “yes” and the fee will be reduced. Another question is “Are you a Fairfax County resident?” Most families are, but if not, answer “no” and a $15.00 field use fee will be added (all of the fee goes to the County).
- The final comment on the website is that we have added a drop-down tab labelled “New, Start Here!” right at the top. Underneath you can find links to club information, documents & forms, registration, registration instructions, and field locations. If you run into problems you can call the office at 703-941-ABGC (2242) or email our webmaster at email@example.com.
We know, we know…you don’t want summer to end but school is around the corner and so is the start of all of ABGC’s fall programs. Registration is open so sign up TODAY before it’s too late for:
- Field Hockey
- Recreation Soccer Pre-K to Grade 4
- Recreation Soccer U11-19
- Top Soccer (for children with disabilities)