The Annandale Boys & Girls Club proudly donated $70,000 to Annandale High School to build two new turf fields for the school. Those fields have already been put to good use during the 2015 Fall season and the official ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the Annandale-Woodson Varsity football game on Friday, September 25th.
Providing turf means so much more to the Annandale HS community than just having an improved playing field, including:
- Annual Savings of $39,000 in Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Significant Reduction ‘in Injuries, Including 50% Decrease in Cranial Cervical injuries
- No Lost Time or Costs Related to Transportation to Other Fields for Practice
- Ensure Teams Play on Home Field if Earn Home Field Advantage
- No Down Time Because of Weather or Yearly Maintenance (Seeding or Sodding)
- Improves local environment by eliminating storm runoff that now carries fertilizer, pesticides and marking paint
- Fields Would Benefit Multiple ANNANDALE Sports Teams, Band and PE Classes
- Ability for Use by Community Recreation Leagues as well as Community Events and Camps
- High Potential for Revenue Generation from Hosting Potential Playoff & Championship Games
ABGC is proud to continue fulfilling our commitment to the Annandale community.